Carrot Cupcakes

6:20 PM Whatchafixin 0 Comments

Finally a new post! I've still been baking-- I just haven't had time to blog.. But's it's a new month so I'll start fresh and try to post more!

I promised I would bake something for my friend for her birthday and she requested carrot cupcakes! I was excited to try carrot cake as I have only ever watched my parents make it. I searched around for a recipe and landed on Smitten Kitchen-- you can never go wrong with Smitten Kitchen. The cupcakes turned out great (and were worth the carrot shredding)!


Carrot Cupcakes (adapted from Smitten Kitchen, makes 24 cupcakes)
-2 cups all purpose flour
-2 teaspoons baking soda
-1 teaspoon salt
-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
-1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
-2 cups sugar
-1 1/4 cups canola oil
-4 large eggs
-2 3/4 cups grated peeled carrots

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place cupcake liners into pan 
3. Whisk flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in medium bowl to combine
4. Whisk sugar and oil in large bowl until well blended. Then, whisk in eggs 1 at a time.
5. Add flour mixture and stir until blended. Then, stir in the grated carrots.
6. Divide batter among cupcake pan, filling them to the 3/4 level
7. Bake cupcakes for 18 to 22 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center of one comes out clean.
8. Let cool in pans for five minutes or so, then transfer cakes to a cooling rack. Let cool completely before icing them.

Cream Cheese Frosting
-Two (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
-1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
-2 cups confectioners’ sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract


1. Beat all the ingredients in a stand mixer on medium until fluffy
2. Frost the cupcakes

Let me know what y'all think!

My dog wanted to try one :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments: